- What made you decide to do a boudoir session? Please describe how you came to the decision and what finally made you take the leap!
I was in a long term relationship that came to a halt in March 2017, when my boyfriend at the time broke up with me. I was devastated because he was one of my biggest support systems through nursing school and he had also brought my confidence up. After the break up, I realized I couldn't mope around and that I had to do things for myself. I started getting my appetite back and exercising at the same time. I also started smiling more and slowly but surely, I started to find myself again. With school coming to a close, I decided why not treat myself to something different? Why not celebrate ME? I looked up Boudoir sessions around the area and Shalista's caught my eye. I was immediately hooked.
- What made you decide to hire me as your photographer?
I was immediately hooked by your website. When I told my best friend, she told me to "Be careful because it could be fake or some creep". But I never got the feeling for Shalista's website. I felt welcomed and really liked how she had a Boudoir experience video, info about herself, a gallery and blogs/reviews. I overall felt comfortable and welcomed to the site and knew this was the real deal.
- How were you feeling before your shoot? Any thoughts going through your head?
I guess I didn't know what to expect. I am comfortable with my body but I guess I was a little nervous with posing because I never done this before.
- Now that you've had your own photo shoot, how was it?
Oh it was such a great experience and I am really glad that I did this for me! I felt comfortable with Shalista the entire time as she guided me with poses. We even talked about common things like traveling to Illinois or my past relationship.
- Is there anything I could do that would make this experience completely perfect?
It was perfect, thank you.
- How did you feel about having your hair and makeup done?
I did my own hair and make-up. I did get help with my eyes because I knew that was my weakness but they did a great job making them look bolder especially with the fake eyelashes!